Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Two fantastic recipes that get requested a lot.... :)

Two of my favorite recipes:  Amazing chocolate cake & My Mom's Stroganoff. 
And ahem.....You're welcome.  ;)  You will thank me later. 

My Mom's Stroganoff:
For the rice, I just use a rice cooker, so it's super easy! And instead of regular white rice, I use Basmati white rice (I get it at walmart). While the rice is cooking, I make the sauce to go over it. First, I cook a pound of lean beef. Drain it. Then put the beef into a pan. You'll add 3 regular sized cans of cream of mushroom soup and a 16 ounce container of sour cream & about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of milk (I use whole, but you can use anything but skim). I personally use about 1 cup of milk. Cook all that on medium heat, stirring quite often. Just keep stirring until it's all thinned out and hot!!! That's it! Then just pour it over your rice and enjoy! It's so, so, so, so good!!!!!!!! Here are the end results:



Amazing Chocolate Cake:
First, melt 1 cup butter or margarine (I used margarine) in a pan with 1 cup of water.
 
In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups sugar, 2 cups flour & 1/2 cups cocoa. Take the water/butter mixture off the heat. Pour the sugar/flour/cocoa mixture into the water/butter mixture and mix.
 
Beat in 2 eggs, 1/2 cup buttermilk, 1 teaspoon baking soda & 1 teaspoon vanilla.
 
Bake at 375 in a large, greased jellyroll pan for 20-25 minutes. (Mine is always done in 20 minutes).
 
Cover with frosting WHILE HOT!!!!!!
 
Here is the frosting recipe:
 
Mix together: 1 stick of melted margarine, 3 Tablespoons of cocoa, 1/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon of salt & 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar. Once it's all mixed together, frost the cake. Remember, you want to do it while it's hot.

Here's the end results:
 
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. I love that chocolate cake recipe!!! My kids call them Texas Brownies (because the pan is so big???) and they are definitely one of our faves too. Thanks for sharing these recipes... it's so fun to see you back blogging! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heidi! It's good to be back blogging. Hopefully I can keep making enough time for it. :) I LOVE reading your comments. You inspire me so, soooo much! I'm just in awe of you & all you can do & the faith you have. I love the chocolate cake recipe, too. I originally got it from Kim & have since seen it on the internet a few other places as well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete