Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

This beautiful morning & Spice Cake!

Good afternoon!!!  :)  It was an absolutely GORGEOUS morning today!  I left to go to the gym at 4:30 this morning & the moon was SO FULL and SO BRIGHT....it was GORGEOUS!  Usually I take a flashlight out with me in the mornings since I sneak out the back door so I don't wake my kids up.  It's usually so DARK, but no flashlight was needed today!!!  (The flashlight is something I started using ever since the day I almost stepped on a cougar early in the morning a few weeks ago).  Anyway, got home from the gym.....took a lovely shower and got ready for the day.....made breakfast for the kids.....then stepped out on the deck to take a picture of the gorgeous morning blooming before my eyes.....

I made a spice cake not too long ago.  For the recipe, you can use any spice cake recipe you want (or even a box mix)  ;) .........but I decided to try a new homemade frosting recipe & it turned out to be DIVINE.  Here's a picture of how my Spice Cake turned out.  (It was requested to be made by Journee)  :)  

Here is where I got the frosting recipe - It's amazing.  All my kids loved it and my husband loved it as well:  http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/09/frosting-that-will-get-you-hugs-and.html

Have a wonderful day!  :)

1 comment:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete