Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

I'm so lucky....

An old blog from 10/15/07  :)

I picked my daughter up from school in my dad's truck the other day. She asked me if she could ride in the back... and I let her since she rarely gets the chance to ride in the back of a truck. Plus, I know as a kid, I just LOVED when someone would let me ride in the back of a truck to feel the wind on my face and all that good stuff.
Well, as we rode home, I kept watching her through the rearview mirror. When we started going faster, she got the BIGGEST REAL smile on her face while she closed her eyes and held her arms and hands straight out, as if she was really embracing feeling the wind rush over her face and through her hair. She had noooo idea that I was watching her or how often I looked in the mirror to watch her, but geesh, seeing that real and beautiful of a smile on my daughters face made my entire day... plus, it put a permanent memory into my mind that I will never forget. I would give ANYTHING to see that smile on her face every single moment! Being a mom is so perfect during unexpected moments like that.
It got even better that night as I was getting ready for bed. I had just gotten into my pajamas and had kneeled down at the side of my bed to say my night prayer when Madison walked in with a big, sweet smile on her face and asked if she could tell me something. I said "Of course! You always can!!" She then threw her arms around me and told me that she loves me more than anything, that she thinks I have beautiful eyes, and that she doesn't know what she would do without me. Then she told me she had something for me. She ran into her room and came running back into my room with a Ziplock baggie full of pennies. She handed them to me and said that she'd been saving all her pennies till she had a lot so that she could give me all of them for gas money since I always take her everywhere. Awwww!!!!!
We had a real touching moment... we hugged... we said "I love you" a million times back and forth... we smiled nonstop... and then we said our night prayer together before I tucked her into bed. When I went to check on her 15 minutes later, she looked like she had fallen asleep with a smile on her face.
Oh my gosh, I just love my daughter sooooo much. I just love children!! They give out the sweetest, most genuine, most pure, most lasting type of love ever... and they see and experience the world with such amazing, innocent eyes. They have the incredible power to transform your life and your thoughts. Just one moment can make me smile the entire day. One note or picture from them makes me melt. One tear from their eyes makes me want to bake them cupcakes. I'm just so thankful to be a mom and I just feel so lucky that I was blessed with such a special little girl that makes me feel and see real love and miracles every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment